Please see the embedded and attached agenda for the next public meeting of Advisory Neighborhood Commission 4B on Monday, January 27, 2020, beginning at 7:00 p.m. at the Metropolitan Police Department’s 4th District Headquarters, 6001 Georgia Ave., NW.
Regular Public Meeting
Monday, January 27, 2020, 7:00 p.m.
MPD, 4th District Station, 6001 Georgia Ave., NW
1. Call to Order & Roll Call
2. Administrative Items:
A. Metropolitan Police Department, 4th District (3 minutes)
B. Office of Ward 4 Councilmember Brandon T. Todd (3 minutes)
C. Mayor’s Office of Community Relations and Services (3 minutes)
D. Ward 4 State Board of Education Representative Frazier O’Leary (3 minutes)
4. Community Concerns: This is the time for questions or statements from members of the public about issues on the agenda or other areas of concern. Please limit your statement or question to one minute.
5. Presentation: Just Pay Coalition, “Pay Stub” Clinic (Commissioner Redd – 3 minute presentation; 4 minute discussion)
6. Presentation: Rocketship Public Charter School Expansion (Commissioners Yeats & Huff – 5 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion) [invited]
7. Consent Calendar:
Resolution 4B-20-0101: Supporting Increased Funding and Expansion of the Metropolitan Police Department’s Motor Carrier Unit (Commissioner Yeats)
Resolution 4B-20-0102: Resolution Supporting Accessory Garage Structure at 6223 8th Street, NW (BZA 20202) (Commissioner Knickerbocker)
8. Letter of Support: Renaissance Healthcare Services to Establish Pediatric Home Care Service Agency in Ward 4 (Commissioner Brooks – 3 minute presentation; 3 minute discussion)
9. Letter of Support: Proposed Friends of Riggs-LaSalle Recreation Center (Commissioner Huff – 3 minute presentation; 3 minute discussion)
10. Presentation: Sassan Gharai, SGA Companies, and Resolution 4B-20-0103: Providing Initial Community Input and Requesting Extended Review Period for Proposed Development at 300-308 Carroll Street, NW & 325 Vine Street, NW (Commissioner Bromaghim – 5 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion)
11. Resolution 4B-20-0104: Providing Feedback on Proposed Changes to the Comprehensive Plan (Commissioner Palmer – 5 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion)
Please Note: Anyone in the audience may speak on any subject during “Community Concerns.” You may also contact members of the Commission before and after Commission meetings. Discussion on other agenda items will generally be limited to Commissioners. Finally, the meeting may not last beyond 9:00 p.m. unless extended by a two/thirds vote of the Commission.
Next Regular Public Meeting: Monday, February 24, 2019, 7:00 p.m., MPD, 4th District Station, 6001 Georgia Ave., NW
Contact your Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner: ANC 4B01 Evan Yeats(4B01@anc.dc.gov);ANC 4B02 Erin Palmer (4B02@anc.dc.gov);ANC 4B03 Scot Knickerbocker (4B03@anc.dc.gov); ANC 4B04 Brenda Parks (4B04@anc.dc.gov); ANC 4B05 Perry Redd (4B05@anc.dc.gov);ANC 4B06 Tiffani Nichole Johnson (4B06@anc.dc.gov); ANC 4B07 Geoff Bromaghim(4B07@anc.dc.gov);ANC 4B08 Alison Brooks(4B08@anc.dc.gov); ANC 4B09 LaRoya Huff (4B09@anc.dc.gov)