Please see the agenda for the next regular public meeting of Advisory Neighborhood Commission 4B on Monday, January 25, 2021, beginning at 7:00 p.m. The Commission will be meeting virtually; details about participating/watching the meeting are included in the agenda.
Regular Public Meeting
Monday, January 25, 2021, 7:00 p.m.
Virtual Meeting Details:
For video participation via Zoom on a computer or mobile device, click this link: https://streetjustice-news.zoom.us/j/84214249196?pwd=c3E0bzJmMFpoQ1JwVWFtNmhsVkduUT09. Meeting ID: 842 1424 9196. Password: 964318.
For voice-only participation on a telephone, dial (301) 715-8592. Meeting ID: 842 1424 9196. Password: 964318.
To watch (but not participate) via YouTube: https://youtu.be/ykH8VI_Nhc8.
- Call to Order & Roll Call
- Administrative Items:
- Instructions re Participation in Virtual Meeting
- Election of Officers
- Appointment of Representative to Walter Reed CAC
- Consideration and Approval of January Agenda
- Approval of November Regular Public Meeting Minutes
- Approval of 2021 Meeting Schedule (4th Monday; recess in August & December)
- Approval of ANC Security Fund
- Treasurer’s Report
- Approval of Executive Director Employment Contract
- Commissioner Updates (if applicable)
- Community Concerns: *Please use the “Raise Hand” button via Zoom or *9 via telephone to speak during community concerns. The Commission will provide additional details regarding how to present community concerns via the virtual meeting at the start of the meeting.* This is the time for questions or statements from members of the public about issues on the agenda or other areas of concern. Please limit your statement or question to one minute. You may also contact members of the Commission before and after Commission meetings.
- Ward 4 Councilmember Janeese Lewis George (10 minutes)
- Anthony Mitchell, Mayor’s Office of Community Relations and Services (5 minutes)
- Ward 4 State Board of Education Representative Frazier O’Leary (3 minutes)
- Metropolitan Police Department, 4th District (3 minutes)
- Housing Justice Committee (2 minutes)
- Presentation: Maurice Smith, DC Public Service Commission & Stephen Marencic, Office of the People’s Counsel, Pandemic Relief for Utility Customers (10 minute presentation; 10 minute discussion)
- Presentation: Travoris Culpepper, Pepco, Capital Grid Project (10 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion)
- Consent Calendar:
Resolution 4B-21-0101: Supporting Construction of the Metropolitan Branch Trail in the 7100 Block of Eastern Avenue, NW (NOI #20-110-PSD) (Commissioner Yeats)
Resolution 4B-21-0102:Calling for Adjustments to Scheduling of Hearings by the Board of Zoning Adjustments to Facilitate Public Participation (Commissioner Johnson)
Letter of Inquiry: Ensuring Adequate Resources for Successful Advisory Neighborhood Commissions (Commissioner Brooks & Commissioner Palmer)
- Resolution 4B-21-0103: Supporting Renaming Park in the 6100 Block of North Dakota Avenue, NW, as the Ronald Austin Memorial Park (Commissioner Johnson & Commissioner Brooks – 2 minute presentation; 2 minute discussion)
- Resolution 4B-21-0104: Calling for Fair and Equitable Elections Procedures and Improved Mechanisms to Fill Advisory Neighborhood Commission Vacancies (Commissioner Palmer – 3 minute presentation; 3 minute discussion)
Next Regular Public Meeting: Monday, February 22, 2021, 7:00 p.m.
Contact your Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner: ANC 4B01 Evan Yeats (4B01@anc.dc.gov); ANC 4B02 Erin Palmer (4B02@anc.dc.gov); ANC 4B03 Jocelynn Johnson (4B03@anc.dc.gov); ANC 4B04 Brenda Parks (4B04@anc.dc.gov); ANC 4B05 (vacant); ANC 4B06 Tiffani Nichole Johnson (4B06@anc.dc.gov); ANC 4B07 Geoff Bromaghim (4B07@anc.dc.gov); ANC 4B08 Alison Brooks (4B08@anc.dc.gov); ANC 4B09 LaRoya Huff (4B09@anc.dc.gov)
Erin Palmer, Secretary, ANC 4B
ANC 4B02 Commissioner