Virtual Meeting Details:
For video participation via Zoom on a computer or mobile device, click this link: https://streetjustice-news.
For voice-only participation on a telephone, dial (301) 715-8592. Meeting ID: 842 1424 9196. Password: 964318.
To watch (but not participate) via YouTube: https://youtu.be/Ndh4Pt9mPi8.
- Call to Order & Roll Call
- Administrative Items:
- Instructions re Participation in Virtual Meeting
- Consideration and Approval of May Agenda
- Approval of April Regular Public Meeting Minutes
- Treasurer’s Report & Approval of Revised Quarterly Financial Reports for the Second Quarter of 2020 and the Third Quarter of 2020, and Quarterly Financial Reports for the Fourth Quarter 2020, First Quarter 2021, and Second Quarter 2021
- Commissioner Updates (if applicable)
- Community Concerns: *Please use the “Raise Hand” button via Zoom or *9 via telephone to speak during community concerns. The Commission will provide additional details regarding how to present community concerns via the virtual meeting at the start of the meeting.* This is the time for questions or statements from members of the public about issues on the agenda or other areas of concern. Please limit your statement or question to one minute. You may also contact members of the Commission before and after Commission meetings.
- Anthony Mitchell, Mayor’s Office of Community Relations and Services (3 minutes)
- Tamira Benitez, Office of Ward 4 Councilmember Janeese Lewis George (3 minutes)
- Frazier O’Leary, Ward 4 State Board of Education Representative (3 minutes)
- Metropolitan Police Department, 4th District (3 minutes)
- Vision Zero Committee (2 minutes)
- Presentation: Nicole McEntee, Program Analyst, Education and Outreach, DC Office of the Tenant Advocate (10 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion)
- Presentation: Ajan Brown, Community Engagement Specialist, DC Office of Human Rights (10 minute presentation, 5 minute discussion)
- Presentation: Julian Hipkins, III, NAF Academy Director, Theodore Roosevelt High School, NAF Academies (10 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion)
- Consent Calendar:
- Resolution 4B-21-0501: Calling for All-Way Stop Signs within Advisory Neighborhood Commission 4B (Commissioner Palmer and Commissioner Yeats)
- Letter: Requesting Traffic Safety Improvements on Aspen Street, NW (Commissioner Palmer)
- Resolution 4B-21-0502: Requesting Installation of Speed Humps on the Unit Block of Underwood Place, NW (Commissioner Bromaghim)
- Resolution 4B-21-0503: Supporting Speed Humps on the 400 Block of Kennedy Street, NE (Commissioner Huff)
- Resolution 4B-21-0504: Requesting Traffic Calming on the 5500 Block of 4th Street, NE (Commissioner Huff)
- Resolution 4B-21-0505: Supporting Piney Branch Road Traffic Calming Improvements Project (NOI 2021-04-12) (Commissioner Yeats – 3 minute presentation; 3 minute discussion)
- Resolution 4B-21-0506: Supporting Use Variance for Integrative Bodywork, 6230 3rd Street, NW (BZA 20468) (Commissioner Jocelynn Johnson – 3 minute presentation; 3 minute discussion
- Resolution 4B-21-0507: Supporting Special Exceptions for Rear Screened Porch at 732 Tewkesbury Place, NW (BZA 20462) (Commissioner Jocelynn Johnson – 3 minute presentation; 3 minute discussion)
- Resolution 4B-21-0508: Supporting the Child Wealth Building Act of 2021, B24-023 (Commissioner Tiffani Nichole Johnson and Commissioner Palmer)
- Resolution 4B-21-0509: Calling for Legislative Revisions and Supports to Allow Hybrid (Virtual and In-Person) Meetings for Advisory Neighborhood Commissions (Commissioner Palmer)