Monday, March 22, 2021, 7:00 p.m.
Virtual Meeting Details:
For video participation via Zoom on a computer or mobile device, click this link: https://streetjustice-news.zoom.us/j/84214249196?pwd=c3E0bzJmMFpoQ1JwVWFtNmhsVkduUT09. Meeting ID: 842 1424 9196. Password: 964318.
For voice-only participation on a telephone, dial (301) 715-8592. Meeting ID: 842 1424 9196. Password: 964318.
To watch (but not participate) via YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy_AGhSKoHk.
- Call to Order & Roll Call
- Administrative Items:
- Instructions re Participation in Virtual Meeting
- Consideration and Approval of March Agenda
- Approval of February Regular Public Meeting Minutes
- Treasurer’s Report
- Commissioner Updates (if applicable)
- Community Concerns: *Please use the “Raise Hand” button via Zoom or *9 via telephone to speak during community concerns. The Commission will provide additional details regarding how to present community concerns via the virtual meeting at the start of the meeting.* This is the time for questions or statements from members of the public about issues on the agenda or other areas of concern. Please limit your statement or question to one minute. You may also contact members of the Commission before and after Commission meetings.
- Anthony Mitchell, Mayor’s Office of Community Relations and Services (3 minutes)
- Tamira Benitez, Office of Ward 4 Councilmember Janeese Lewis George (3 minutes)
- Frazier O’Leary, Ward 4 State Board of Education Representative (3 minutes)
- Metropolitan Police Department, 4th District (3 minutes)
- Presentation: Louis Davis, Jr., State Director, AARP District of Columbia, Proposal to Install an AARP Fitlot at Lamond Recreation Center, 20 Tuckerman Street, NE (5 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion)
- Presentation: Casey Auch, Client Services Manager, goDCgo, Go Far with No Car Campaign (2 minute presentation; 2 minute discussion)
- Presentation: Lester Wallace, Community Outreach Coordinator, Capital Bikeshare, Capital Bikeshare for All Program (2 minute presentation; 2 minute discussion)
- Presentation: James Waller, Chief of Schools; Lee Chaffin, Consultant to Friendship; and Tony Newman, Director of Architectural Operations at Michael Marshall Design, Proposed Expansion of Friendship Public Charter School’s Ideal Campus, 6130 North Capitol Street, NW (5 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion)
- Presentation: Masaley Kargbo, Director, Academy of Health Sciences, Coolidge Senior High School (2 minute presentation; 2 minute discussion)
- Consent Calendar:
- Resolution 4B-21-0301: Requesting Installation of Speed Humps on the 7100 Block of 9th Street, NW (Commissioner Palmer)
- Resolution 4B-20-0302: Supporting Proposed Concept Design for The Parks at Walter Reed Building WXY (Commissioner Bromaghim)
- Resolution 4B-21-0303: Supporting Proposed Improvements to Intersection of Piney Branch Road, Whittier Street, and 8th Street, NW (NOI #21-6-TOA) (Commissioner Palmer – 3 minute presentation; 3 minute discussion)
- Resolution 4B-21-0304: Establishing Public Safety Committee (Commissioner Johnson – 2 minute presentation; 2 minute discussion)
- Letter re Advisory Neighborhood Commission 4B Fiscal Year 2022 Budget Priorities (Commissioner Palmer, Commissioner Johnson & Commissioner Yeats – 3 minute presentation; 3 minute discussion)
Next Regular Public Meeting: Monday, April 26, 2021, 7:00 p.m.