DC Department of Parks and Recreation project manager Brent Sisco shared the following update on the Shepherd Park Community Center yesterday.
Hello Shepherd Park Community!
As discussed in our previous community meetings, DPR distributes monthly updates on active construction projects. Attached is the first construction update for the Shepherd Park project. Monthly updates will be distributed by the 10th day of each month until project completion. We hope that you find these updates informative – each update will also be added to the project website after distribution: https://dgs.dc.gov/page/shepherd-park-community-center
What’s Happened to Date
- Prepared construction entrance to site off of Jonquil Street.
- Began grading required for sheeting and shoring access.
- In collaboration with DDOT Urban Forestry, MCM completed removal of the dead/dying trees along ridgeline behind school.
- Completed relocation of the school playground to create space for the new gymnasium and addition.
- Began excavation for the sheeting and shoring and underpinning of the school stair tower.
- Groundbreaking Ceremony held on December 17th.
What To Expect in January
- Completion of the sediment and erosion controls for the project.
- Excavation of soil and hauling of spoils off site.
- Continued excavation for the sheeting and shoring required for the project.
- Installation of construction trailer, including temporary power.