The Coronavirus pandemic is affecting our community in a variety of ways. This page will serve as a repository of Coronavirus information that specifically interests residents of the uptown DC neighborhoods of Shepherd Park, Takoma, Brightwood, and Manor Park. Check back daily; we will update this page as we learn more about how our community is coping with this disease.
Tableau Presentation of Coronavirus.dc.gov data was created by @DYavrom.
Official Federal and DC Government Information
Local Grocery Stores
- Piney Branch Safeway | 5:00 AM – 12:00 AM
- Silver Spring Giant | 6:00 AM – 12:00 AM
- Georgia Avenue Target | 7:00 AM – 9:00 PM (Seniors only 7 – 8 AM on Wednesdays)
- Georgia Avenue Walmart | 7:00 AM – 8:30 PM
- Silver Spring Whole Foods | 8:00 AM– 9:00 PM (Open 1 hour early for residents 60 and over)
Online Delivery Services
Local Businesses Open for Delivery or Carryout During the Outbreak
- Prepared Food
- Ledo Pizza | 7435 Georgia Avenue NW 20012 | (202) 726-5336 | Order Online
- Nile Ethiopian Restaurant | 7815 Georgia Avenue NW 20012 | (202) 882-1130 | Order Online
- Golden China | 7715 Georgia Ave NW 20012 | (202) 723-3209 | Order Online
- McDonald’s | 7425 Georgia Avenue NW 20012 | (202) 882-6372 | Order Online or Drive-thru
- Angelico Pizza | 7311 Georgia Ave NW 20012 | (202) 248-9111 | Order Online
- Zuri Bistro | 7317 Georgia Avenue Nw 20012 | (202) 820-9464 | Order Online
- Teddy’s Roti Shop | 7304 Georgia Avenue NW 20012 | (202) 882-6488 | Order Online
- Domino’s Pizza | 1211 Tuckerman St NW 20011 | (202) 291-6100 | Order Online
- Haydee’s | 6303 Georgia Ave NW, Washington, DC 20009 | (202) 829-6647 | Order Online
- J & J Mex Taqueria | 6231 Georgia Ave NW 20011 | (202) 525-3450 | Order Online
- China Taste | 6215 Georgia Ave NW 20011 | (202) 726-0891
- El Dorado Bread Restaurant | 6209 Georgia Ave NW 20011 | (202) 722-1440 | Order Online
- Ritchie’s Cafe | 6204 Georgia Ave NW 20011| (202) 726-2000 | Order Online
- McDonald’s | 5948 Georgia Ave NW 20011 | (202) 506-3041 | Order Online or Drive-thru
- Milk & Honey | 5832 Georgia Avenue NW 20011| (202) 849-8740 | Order Online
- BBQ Bus Smokehouse | 5830 Georgia Ave NW 20011 | (202) 288-8700 | Order Online
- Simple Bar & Grill | 5802 Georgia Ave NW 20011 | (202) 316-9171 | Order Online
- Moreland’s Tavern | 5501 14th street, NW 20011 | Website
- Old Town Takoma Restaurants | Website
- List of delivery and carry-out restaurants in DC compiled by volunteers | Website
- Add your favorites in the comments below!
Ward 4 School Meal Sites
- Capital City Public Charter School| 100 Peabody Street, NW 4 10 am – 2 pm
- Coolidge High School | 6315 5th Street, NW 4 10 am – 2 pm
- LaSalle-Backus Education Campus | 501 Riggs Road, NE 4 10 am – 2 pm
- Paul Public Charter School| 5800 8th Street, NW 4 12 pm – 1 pm
- Roosevelt High School | 4301 13th Street NW 4 10 am – 2 pm
Healthy at Home – A Toolkit for Supporting Families Impacted by COVID-19
With the growing impact of the COVID-19 virus, ReadyRosie is developing this free toolkit as a resource to support families with information and resources for supporting the children in their care. These tools are great for our youngest learners for whom traditional online learning strategies may not be appropriate. Visit Healthy at Home (link).
Parent Discussion with Councilmember Robert White
Join CM Robert White and his wife Christy as they discuss how to balance homeschooling and working from home. This conversation will take place via the Zoom app (link) on Thursday, March 25 at 1:00 pm. They’ll chat about what they’ve learned so far, and invite you to share some tips and tricks as well.
Virtual Story Time
The DC Public Library is hosting daily live storytimes for ages birth and up. Tune in every weekday morning at 10:30 a.m. Visit our Facebook page at facebook.com/dclibrary/ and it will be streaming at the top of the page. We also have fun activities you can do with your child. Visit dclibrary.org/
Free Virtual Yoga Class
Our Favorite DC Area Hiking Trails
Most people in our community are practicing social distancing to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus. But that doesn’t mean you have stay cooped up in the house. Hiking is on the approved list of activities. Here is a list of some of our favorite local area hiking trails. (link).
At-Home Workouts from KidsElite Sports
- Stuck In-Home? No problem! Counselor Niles shows you an advanced ab circuit (link) to have you ready for your “next” season!
Seeking Wellness In This Time of Dis-ease
Here is a blog post about focusing on three areas of (link) Wellness during these stressful times, written by certified personal trainer and Shepherd Park neighbor Betsy Purcell.
Are we missing a resource? Email us here and we’ll add it!