Hey! Here’s your weekly list of fun, upcoming events!
Here is the current lineup of shows at DC’s temporary drive-in movie theaters:
Events DC/PARKUP RFK Stadium – Do the Right Thing, Men in Black, Dead Presidents, Black Panther, Poetic Justice, Sonic the Hedgehog
Tickets are $29 per car (not per person). See their website for showtimes.
Best of Online Entertainment
This month brings us a cornucopia of terrific online entertainment, Grab your remote and a spot on the couch, and enjoy!
- Fargo Season 4 (FX) – The head of an African American crime syndicate goes to war with the Italian mafia in Kansas City, Missouri during the 1950s. Starring Chris Rock.
- Utopia (Amazon Prime) – A group of young adults, who meet online, get a hold of a cult underground graphic novel, which not only pins them as a target of a shadowy deep state organization but also burdens them with the dangerous task of saving the world.
- Judy (2019) (Amazon Prime and Hulu) – Legendary performer Judy Garland arrives in London in the winter of 1968 to perform a series of sold-out concerts. Starring Renée Zellweger.
- Enola Holmes (Netflix) – When Enola Holmes-Sherlock’s teen sister-discovers her mother missing, she sets off to find her, becoming a super-sleuth in her own right as she outwits her famous brother and unravels a dangerous conspiracy around a mysterious young Lord. Starring Millie Bobby Brown and Henry Cavill.
- Secret Society of Second Born Royals (Disney Plus) – It follows Sam’s adventures at a top-secret training program for a new class of second-born royals tasked with saving the world.
- Lovecraft Country Episode 6 “I Am.” (HBO) – Hippolyta Freeman discovers the secret to Hiram’s Orrery and its magic takes her on an unexpected journey.
Real Estate News
Fears and Facts about Buying your First Home
Fear #3: I don’t have the money for the down payment.
Fact: There is a wide variety of down payment options available for you.
While many people believe that making a home purchase requires a substantial down payment, as much as 20 percent, this is seldom true. As a first-time buyer, options are always available to you that require much less than this number, some as low as 5 percent, some even less. Don’t let the lack of a substantial down payment prevent you from investigating your home-purchasing opportunities.
There are many legitimate and sound financing options to choose from, and it only makes sense to investigate which one is right for you, your circumstances, and your pocketbook. And, by the way, delaying your purchase while trying to save up for your down payment will mean delaying all the financial benefits of homeownership. In other words, we think waiting could actually cost you money.
Excerpt from Your First Home by Gary Keller
Love Living DC is Washington’s #1 real estate team for dependable neighborhood expertise. If you or a friend need a smart, experienced real estate agent to help you buy, sell, or invest in a home in the DC area, give me a call.
Have a great weekend!